Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving, and Christmas Decorations

I meant to take pictures on Thanksgiving but of course in the chaos of it all, I forgot. Matt is currently in training learning a new plane and had to work that day, he didn't get home until almost five, so we had a late dinner, but I think it turned out good. Thanks to Ali for her recipe on brining a turkey, it was by far my best turkey yet. We bought a twenty pound turkey and it was just us and our neighbors the Jasperson's for dinner, so we are still eating it, I made taco's with it tonight and it was so good. Today we decorated the Christmas tree. It was really fun to watch the kids faces light up when they saw all the decorations Matt was bringing in from the garage. He even put some lights up in their room, they love it. We did lose a couple of ornaments in the decorating process, but thankfully they weren't any that were to special to me.

Here is a picture of the finished product. Ava would put all of her ornaments on the same branch. I thought it was pretty funny, I tried to explain to her that she could spread them around a little, but she wouldn't hear of it. Quinn was so excited for the star, he kept asking his dad if he could put it on.

Also, thank you to all those that left comments on my last post. I really appreciate your support, it helps a lot, and it also helps to know I'm not the only one that has those days.

2 comments:

Blake and Meg said...

Hey! I finally found your blog. I got it off Meggie's... love it. I would have liked to see Ava's branch with 500 ornaments. By the way, I'm diggin the HS pic. I have one that I posted a while ago. You'll have to look for it. It's pretty much awful.

Amy said...

Was that y'alls first Thanksgiving away? I am sure that it was great. Are we still doing lunch tomorrow? Oh and your tree is very pretty, the kids did a great job....