Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I saw this story today on Oprah and I just had to share it. It's a fathers video journal to his son during his short life. I'm sorry if it makes you cry, but I think this story is truly inspiring. God has blessed us with a strength that we don't know we have until we go through trials, especially ones like this. The parents from this story are great examples of the attitude I would hope to have if I had to go through something like this. The mom said while her son was still alive that she had plenty of time to be sad later, and she was happy and enjoyed every second with her son while he was here on the earth. I know I can apply this in my own life by cherishing every moment I have with my beautiful children, and husband, and stop worrying about the things that don't really matter. The parents have a clear perspective of God's plan of salvation, the father says in the end of the video that he and his son are only seperated by time. How true those words really are.

2 comments:

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

Thanks for making me cry ya big jerk!

Keith and Nicci said...

Don;t know if I should have watched that or not right now, but it was worth it:) Thanks for sharing and reminding me of how precious these little ones are.