Sunday, May 27, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again

Well, I went back on my anti-depressant.  It wasn't worth being off after meltdown after meltdown, it slowly accured to me that the right answer was to go back on.  I had to get pretty low though before I realized it.  I'm doing much better now, and can handle life a lot better.  I guess that's the right answer for me right now.  As much as I wanted to be off it, it's definitley not the right time.  I do hope to have another baby and I don't want to be on the anti-depressant while I'm pregnant, but I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it.  In other news Ethan decided he wanted to try to fly and leaped off the couch intending to land on the recliner, missed landed on the ground and broke his clavical.  He has to wear a brace for a few weeks, but after that should be fine.  The doctor said the clavical heals up pretty easily, so that's good.  Ethan's barely three years old and this is the second bone he's broken. (He broke his leg after climbing out of his high chair when he was nine months old, check it out here.)  Thankfully he's such a sweet and easy going kid, he runs around like he's perfectly fine, trying to wrestle with his brother.  Nothing slows that kid down!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Argh! Depression. The worst. I understand the battle with medication and pregnancy all too well. I was on some pretty serious stuff while pregnant with Dez and was positive that he would be born with two heads or something. Alas, he came out pretty perfect. Actually, it is so much better for the mommy and the baby to be on anti-depressants than to be suffering with horrible depression or anxiety (at least that is what my doctors and most of my research said). I hope that you feel better soon and that the Lord will grant you with another beautiful baby when the time is right.

Tams Family said...

I think that it is important to do what you feel is right for you. I'm glad you are doing better. Give Ethan and all the other kiddos a squeeze!

Annie Hatch said...

I didn't realize you had started updating your blog again. I am happy you are. (I made ours private while I get caught up, and then I will send out invites) Sorry things have been kind of rough for awhile. Things will get better. I miss you guys. I wish I could give a giant hug!!