Saturday, August 14, 2010

She's Crafty (sung to the beat of "It's Tricky" by Run DMC)

I know, I'm showing my age. I'm trying my hand at refinishing random items, and making headbands. So here's my first go 'round.


My step mom gave me this old mirror and matching shelf. I instantly saw lots of potential.


Step 1- Primed it (my step dad would not be happy if I had forgotten this step).

Stage 2- Painted it Calypso Sky blue.

Finished it off with a light whitewash. I am very happy with the outcome. Now I just have to find something small, pretty, and unbreakable to go on the shelf.


Here is my first try at a fabric flower head band. I have a lot to learn, but I'm happy with my first try.

I threw this one in, because we wanted to show you where you will be sleeping if you come to visit us! J/K, though it is comfortable. The kids love their new beds, and I love how much more room they have in their room. Great find Daddy!

7 comments:

mommy dearest said...

you are crafty and I knew you could do it, how did the table turn out?

mommy dearest said...

I do have the cuttest babies and my children are not to bad either, cute headband where are all the others you were working on????? love your bathing suit did I tell you I have the same one? scary

Karen said...

#1 - I changed my background. Back off.
#2 - I'm not a nerd, you are!
#3 - I am so completely jealous of your new mirror and shelf.
#4 - I started doing some headbands and hairbows. We should have a craft day the next time you are in town.
#5 - I love you.

Eddie and Amber said...

good job! i love what you did with the mirror. it turned out great and i love the color.

Tyler V said...

Go you! Love the mirror and shelf and I'm impressed you entered into the world of headbands. You are crafty, my friend!

Mom said...

It was your wonderful mother-in-law that gave you the mirror and shelf, but I still love you:)It turned out terrific. I want it back (jk). The bunkbeds look great. And the kids look very pleased with their new beds.

Jeff and Kristy said...

Cute stuff! I need to paint some green night stands of ours...do I HAVE to prime? Yuck.