Monday, February 16, 2009

I Survived...

my first day alone with all three kids. It actually went pretty well. We cleaned the house and watched movies and took naps. All in all it was a good day. Ethan is now eleven days old, and is doing good. He's a little cutie pie as Quinn calls him. He was back up to his birth weight 4 days after he was born so I don't think he will be little for long. I found him in his bassinet today sucking his thumb, I've always wanted a thumb sucker, maybe Ethan will be it for me.




Matt's parents flew in for the weekend to meet their new grandson. We had a great time. On Valentine's Day we went to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I thought it was hilarious, and then we went out to Carrabba's for dinner, my favorite. We are definitely in adjustment mode, but we are having lots of fun getting to know Ethan, the kids have been very helpful, and just want to give him loves all the time. We are so grateful for our expanding family.


6 comments:

Kristi said...

He IS a little cutie pie!
I'm glad you survived your first day alone, I hope it continues to go well for you!
Love Kristi

Tams Family said...

So cute! Give him a love for us!

"MAMMA" Breshears said...

Christina,
He is so adorable! So, nice that Matt's parents could get out to see him while he is stilla newborn! Your family is darling!

Jenni Elyse said...

He's super cute!

vanessa said...

He is SOOO sweet. I'm glad your day went well. I kind of like those first few days alone with the kids - not that I have three - but it's nice to get into a routine again. Hope your next few days go well!

Keith and Nicci said...

Congrats on surviving - you amaze me! I'm so happy that sweet, cute little Ethan is here! I'll be thinking of you lots these next few weeks.