Friday, September 26, 2008

September 16

September 16 has come and gone. I think a lot of people expected it to be a hard day, but I looked forward to the day with much excitement and anticipation. It was the one year anniversary of the day my dad died. Matt and I woke up early and met Mike and Merry (Matt's parents) at the Seattle temple around 7:50am. We had an 8 o'clock appointment at the baptistry. Matt did twelve baptisms, all from my side of the family, including my dad and grandpa (my dad's dad), and I did nine. We then did the confirmations, initiatories, and then an endowment session where Matt and his dad took through my dad and grandpa's names. It was the most incredible day, it was the day I had prayed for my whole life, my dad was now a member of the church, my prayers had been answered. Our prayers aren't always answered in the way we expect them to be, but God does hear them, and He will answer them. I am encompassed about by His tender mercy.



This is a picture of Matt and I greeting my dad when we walked out of the temple the day we were married. This is the same temple we did his work in.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a SPECIAL day! That is such a neat thing that you guys were able to do for your dad!!!

Eddie and Amber said...

What an awesome experience!! Thank you for sharing. We miss you guys!

Meggie and Russ said...

Oh my goodness, so neat! I know exactly how you feel!! My dad died when I was nine and we were finally able to do his work in March!! Such an amazing experience!! Congratulations! So exciting!!

Tams Family said...

Thanks so much for sharing. I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience!

Jeff and Kristy said...

That is so tender. It must have been such a special and spiritual day.