Thursday, November 8, 2007

Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta

So I was at the Cheese Cake Factory last week and I had this really yummy creamy marinara sauce and I have been craving it ever since so I decided to see if I could recreate something close to it and this is the result:

Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta

1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbls. olive oil
1 14.5oz. can diced tomatoes
1 15oz. can tomato sauce
1 tsp. italian seasoning
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
4 small chicken breast, cubed
1 cup heavy cream
1 pound pasta (I used penne, but would also be good with spaghetti or linguine)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded

Saute onion and garlic in 2 Tbls. olive oil, add can diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes. While the sauce simmers, saute the cubed chicken breast in 2 Tbls. olive oil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When the sauce is done simmering add the heavy cream and heat for 1 minute. Add the cooked chicken and serve over pasta. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.

This was a big hit with the family, let me know if you liked it too. Oh, and if any one wants to think of a better name for it, that would be great.

7 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

Sounds really yummy! I'm going to have to try it!

tyler and ali said...

Man, will you stop being so talented with your cooking?!? YOu put the rest of us to shame. No, wait, continue to be talented, post the results, and let us win praise for your recipe. Actually, that sounds like a real winner of a plan!
Miss you, love you!

Tams Family said...

I agree with Ali. Just when I think I am getting somewhere in the culinary department you put me behind another three steps! Not a bad thing though. Sounds yummy - a new addition to our pasta repertoire.

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

How about Sarah Anderson Pasta?

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

Sarah,
We already have a pasta dish named after you, called Sarah's Pasta, if we had another named Sarah Anderson's Pasta that would just be to confusing. Maybe we need to have it called Christina's Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta so I can have one named after me! I'm selfish I know.

Jeff and Kristy said...

Great idea to post recipe's. I'm gonna try it!