Thursday, September 17, 2009

First Day of School and some other funny stuff

Quinn's first day of school. He was so excited to go. He loves his teacher Ms. Georgie, and he has already made new friends. Every morning he gets up and asks me if it's time to go to school, and when I tell him he's not going that day, he gets so sad. I can't believe I have a little boy that is old enough to go to school. He is growing up way to fast!


Here he is with his teacher Ms. Georgie (I have know idea what he's doing with his face).



Uh, we'll just call this one Paint Fight. Quinn got a Crayola Cyclone for his birthday. It's suppose to paint cyclones on the pavement. Well, one day Quinn and Ava were outside playing with it and I guess they decided to start pouring paint all over each other, because this is what I found when I went outside. Silly kids.


So tonight I was sitting on the couch feeding Ethan and I looked over at Ava and this is what I saw. Matt and I were laughing so hard. She just looked at me and said her baby was hungry. I told her she was a very good mom. Right before this happened I went to sit down on the couch and her baby was laying right in my way. I didn't think much of it as I tossed her baby to the floor, but Ava instantly started yelling at me, "You through my baby on the floor!?!", I was trying not to laugh as I apologized to her and handed her the baby. It was SO funny, she yelled at me exactly how I would of yelled at her if she had thrown Ethan on the floor. She's so protective, I have to be so careful and always remember to treat her baby with complete love, and respect. I would like to think this has something to do with the great example I have been to her as a mother, but I guess we will have to wait and see on that one.

3 comments:

Keith and Nicci said...

I can't believe Quinn is in school either! And at least Ava is a girl... Austin does stuff like that sometimes too, but he'll never have the plumbing!

I hope the 2 year anniversary of your dad's passing was okay. Thinking of you.

Jenni Elyse said...

Wow! I can't believe Quinn's in school. Time flies by so quickly. I'm glad he loves his teacher. That makes it so much easier.

I used to "nurse" by dolls too. That's so cute that Ava is so protective of her babies.

Tams Family said...

Thanks for the update on the kids. It was so much fun catching up. Quinn is so big! I'm glad he's enjoying school. And Ava is a sweetie. I'll bet she's a great helper. Miss you guys!