Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ava and Quinn

Sunday was a bitter sweet day. Ava started nursery. Yes she is only 17 months but I talked the nursery leaders into letting her come in early. She is so ready, every Sunday when we drop Quinn off it's hard to get her out of there. Thankfully they have the nursery split for the younger and older kids so Quinn and Ava aren't together until the very end when it's almost time for us to go pick them up. She did a great job for her first time, they only had to bring her to me for the last 20 minutes of church because she was getting tired and wanted her mommy. So I actually got to listen in class which I haven't been able to do in a long time, I only had one month off between Quinn going into nursery and having Ava. I can't believe my baby is getting so big, it makes me so sad, but also happy because she just gets funnier the older she gets, like for example the above picture is the face Ava makes when she sees you point a camera at her, oh the girls hilarious.
And speaking of getting older I can't believe my little Quinny is going to be 3 on Sunday. He is getting so big. This morning I told him that his birthday is on Sunday and that he is going to be turning 3. He is very excited, we haven't told him yet that he is having a Spiderman birthday party, I know once we tell him he won't talk about anything else until his party. We were even able to find a Spiderman pinata because as most of you know it's not a Stevulak party without a pinata, and I am also going to try my hand at a Spiderman cake, we will see how it turns out. Quinn is also one of funniest people that we know, the above picture is of Quinn showing off his big muscles in his cute blue camo underoos. Oh, and Matt told me I forgot to mention Quinn's potty training, it is going very well. He is only wearing a diaper now when he goes to bed at night or if we are going on a long car ride. I got some great pointers from Sarah, we did a pee pee chart that he got to put stickers on every time he went to the bathroom, and he also got a treat which was usually one jelly belly, and then every time he filled up a row on his pee pee chart he got a bigger surprise (like new Spiderman sandals). It helped keep it exciting for him, because it seems to get old real quick especially when he's playing and doesn't want to take the time to go. Yeah Quinny!!

6 comments:

Tams Family said...

Nice undies Quinn! I can't believe how big both he and Ava are. They are cute kids! Hope all goes well with the birthday party. Spider-Quinn, Spider-Quinn, does whatever a Spider-Quinn can!

The Simon Family said...

Psh! I thought I was the one who told you about stickers and a chart! But I'm still proud of Quinnifer. X)

Jenni Elyse said...

I can't believe how big they are getting or that Quinn'll be 3! Time flies so quickly. Ava is so cute; I love her face.

PS - I love blogs because it helps us keep in touch. You can check mine out at http://www.jenniferblaser.com. It's so good to see that you're doing well!!!

Ted said...

I still think his name should be George!! Happy birthday on the coolest day of the year.

Keith and Nicci said...

I totally remember Quinn's 2nd birthday party last year (and the whole pirate theme) - it can't be time for another one yet! They grow too dang fast.

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

Way to go on the potty training! That's a good idea to give him increasingly better presents. With potty training it's all about bribery as far as I am concerned! Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Need us to come early or at 4?